Friday, February 20, 2015

Surviving extremely cold weather in CHIBERIA!

Well, Rahulio is back in Phoenix. He spent the last four days in Chicago. Chicago's cold weather was the worst temperatures on record, for the "Windy City." The city was called "Chiberia", or "Chicago + Siberia" for February 18 and 19. The average high temperature during my stay was 15 degrees Fahrenheit. This trip was my first time at the Allstate Insurance company headquarters. Due to my current role of Software Support Engineer/Application Software Developer in my career, this trip involved "work + pleasure." For pleasure, RSG went to Chicago River and the restaurants/bars by the environs of downtown Chicago. If you see the picture above, it is a picture of Chicago River on the "coldest day of my life." It was great to see the picturesque skyline of the city. Willis Tower, AON center,and John Hancock Center were some of the majestic skyscrapers seen by RSG. Finally, it was great to see my cousins from both sides of the family. It was great to spend time with female friends too, while sipping on Chateau Ste Michelle Riesling wine. Consuming Effen vodka, lemonade, and cranberry juice was another titillating experience too. Reading Wine Spectator magazine was my penultimate highlight, as a coworker gave me three magazines. It was great reading material for the plane ride home.

No comments: